Soy Braised Chicken
Deliciously quick and easy, like all my recipes!
Hey guys! Hope you’re well and eating good! So today I have this delicious and easy recipe that I put together using what I had at home. All I bought was the chicken thighs and spring onions and I pretty much used what was in my pantry,
My kitchen essentials video will be of great use to you if you want to know how to save money and still make delicious dishes like this. You can serve with dishes with some rice (Comment for my recipe), potatoes or even noodles! Really up to you.
I’d love to hear from you so please follow me on all my socials @foodwithdom and always take pictures if you use my recipes! I love to keep the photos xx
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6-8 bone in and skin on chicken thighs. Washed and dried. (You can use whole legs or drumsticks)
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger peeled and minced
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 chilli finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 cup water (as much as you need)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. I’ve chosen to keep it simple but you can add whichever spices and flavours you like!
- In a large pan, add in the vegetable oil and place on medium heat
- Brown the chicken, skin side down and try to get out some of the fat in the chicken.
- After about 2 minutes on each side, (the chicken isn’t cooked), take out the chicken and set aside. DO NOT CLEAN THE PAN.
- Add the shallots into the same pan and stir fry in the chicken fat until slightly softened.
- After about 2 minutes, add in the ginger and garlic and stir fry until fragrant.
- Next add in the chillis and the white parts of the spring onions then stir well.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the light soy sauce. Deglaze the pan by scraping and mixing in any brown bits at the bottom of the pan, this is all flavour!*
- Add in the dark soy, sugar and water then stir well.
- Cook the chicken on high heat for 5 minutes then turn down to low and simmer for 15- 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, if your sauce is to thin then reduce on high heat unil the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thickened to your desire garnish with the leftover spring onions and serve!
Now it’s done, Enjoy 🙂
Deglaze*: Making a sauce by adding liquid to the pan of cooking juices made from meat being cooked in the pan.
…Thank you for visiting my blog, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment, send me an email, or find me on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter & and please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube @ FoodwithDom
…And if you make this recipe… Let me know how it turns out or take a picture, Share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #foodwithdom xx