Sausage Pasta Salad
Dinner and tomorrow's packed lunch, sorted.
Hola lovelies, Hope you’re well and eating good?
Wow I know, it’s been a while since my last recipe and a lot has happened since then, I’d really love to update you guys so maybe I’ll try to get round to doing another Mukbang video! (Check out my channel if you haven’t seen it).
So this recipe is going to be episode 5 of the #Cheap20 series which I started because I wanted to show you guys that you don’t have to spend loads of money or time to create delicious dishes. This recipe is showcasing everyone’s favourite, pasta.
I chose to call this a pasta salad because although I didn’t use as many vegetables as I’d like, I’m hoping you’ll do better and add more lol x. I’d add carrots, broccoli or even some asparagus. I used a polish sausage that goes absolutely well with this dish, it’s smokey, a little salty and has the right amount of…meatiness? It just tastes great okay. You can find it in Asda in the Polish/Russian section or simply use bacon/pancetta/frankfurters/mushrooms (if you’re veg).
I’m not the biggest fan of creamy dishes but it really works here, garlic and onions with cream always make a match and the peppers add some freshness. It’s optional but give it a try! You can also enjoy this dish cold, it’s delicious!
I didn’t time this but altogether it took me about 15 minutes to make, cut the veg while the water boils and you’re ready to go.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 250g Pasta (I’m using Farfalle)
- 1⁄2 onion diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup single cream (optional/more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a pot of boiling water on and salt the water generously.
- While the water boils, you can prepare the vegetables. and follow the package instructions of the pasta
- While the pasta is boiling, heat the butter and oil in a pan.
- Add in the sausages or mushrooms if you’re using them and stir fry on medium high heat.
- When the sausages have browned a little,add in the onions and stir fry.
- Season lightly with salt and continue to stir fry on medium heat. (Don’t forget to check on the pasta)
- Next add in the peppers (or whichever vegetables you like) and the rest of the seasonings.
- By now your pasta should be cooked, if it is, drain it. If not, the take the sausage mixture off the heat and wait until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the drained pasta into the sausage pictures and stir well. Turn the heat down to low and add in the cream and cheese. Season lightly with salt and pepper
- Mix well until the cheese is melted and combined with the cream, taste for seasoning and garnish with parsley.