Perfect Fried Egg
I know it’s been a while since my last post but I’m finally back in the UK! After a whole year in Spain, I’m excited to be back and look at life in a whole other light. I’ll be writing up a post about what I’ve learnt in the past year and the advice I’d give to anyone looking to live abroad or simply travel on their own so stay tuned with for that one!
For this episode of FoodwisDom, It’s How to make the perfect fried egg. If you know me or follow my social media pages then you know just how much I love eggs. So don’t worry this series will also include the perfect boiled, poached and all types of eggs. I can’t wait to share my tips with you guys! By perfect I mean thoroughly cooked whites and deliciously rich runny yolk. It only takes a couple simple steps and basically 3 ingredients..
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An egg or two
- 1 nob of butter or oil. (Optional but butter = extra flavour)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pan on low heat and add in the butter or oil.
- When the butter has melted, add in the eggs. Watch my video to see how to crack an egg without breaking the yolk.
- Turn up the heat to medium low and wait for the whites to begin to firm up.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of water then cover with a lid to create some steam. This step will ensure the egg whites cook through while keeping the yolk runny.
- After 30 seconds to 1 min, your egg should be perfectly cooked. Cover for longer or less time depending on how runny you like your yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!
I had mine with wholegrain toast 🙂
…Thank you for visiting my blog, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment, send me an email, or find me on Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter & and please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube @FoodwithDom
…And if you make this recipe… Let me know how it turns out or take a picture, Share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #foodwithdom xx