How to make an omelette
The perfect Omelette
Hey loves! Hope you’re well and eating good,
Today’s post is on how to make the perfect omelette. I’m going to write down the measurements but I would advise you watch the video because that shows all the steps and explains what to do in detail!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 whole large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt to taste
- Non-stick pan
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Bowl or cup for mixing
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork until completely combined. DO NOT ADD ANY SALT
- Place the pan on medium low heat and add the button. Use a spoon to ensure the butter is melting on all sides of the pan.
- Add the eggs into the cool pan, your butter shouldn’t be sizzling as this means the pan is too hot.
- Raise the heat to medium-low and continue to mix in the style of scrambled eggs, just until 85% of the eggs are cooked.
- Put some butter around the edges of the pan and spread the egg in the ensuring that there are no holes.
- Now it’s time to season the omelette with salt and pepper. Also add any fillins you’d like (cheese, ham, spinach, go wild!)
- Hold the pan at 45 degree angle and slowly begin to roll the omelette towards you. If there are any parts sticking then simply add a tiny nob of butter.
- Roll the eggs to the end and allow the omelette to cook for a further 30 seconds to a minute.
Now it’s done! Serve with toast, or spinach and mushrooms like me!
…Thank you for visiting my blog, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment, send me an email, or find me on Instagram and please SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube @FoodwithDom
…And if you make this recipe… Let me know how it turns out or take a picture, Share it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #foodwithdom xx